Virginia K. RichardsVancouver
While I look for alternatives to court proceedings to resolve client issues, I also have the experience to effectively advocate my clients’ positions in court.
My practice concentrates on family law matters, including:
- child custody and guardianship disputes and parenting arrangements,
- support issues, valuation and division of property,
- separation agreements, and
- mediated settlements and divorce proceedings.
I also have experience in contested estate litigation.
I am well versed in all aspects of family law and I take a practical approach to resolving family law matters. While I look for alternatives to court proceedings to resolve client issues, I also have the experience to effectively advocate my clients’ positions in court. I have advised and represented clients in a variety of matters from complex litigation to amicable negotiated settlements and I have appeared as counsel at all levels of court in British Columbia, including the Court of Appeal. My substantial litigation experience includes: conducting examinations for discovery, mediations, trials, appearing on contested motions, and appellate work.
I am a University of British Columbia Law School graduate and additionally have a B.A. (Honours) from UBC in Political Science.
I am a member of the Canadian Bar Association, Trial Lawyers of British Columbia, and the Law Society of British Columbia as well as an active volunteer for Access Pro Bono and a member of the Vancouver Rowing Club.
Latest Blog Posts:
- Summer Holidays and Parenting Time
- Vancouver Supreme Court to Simplify Process of Getting Hearing Dates for Lengthy Chambers Applications
- Top Tips for Form 8 Financial Statements
- What Does it Mean to be a Common-Law Spouse?
- Recent BC Court Form Amendments: Disclosure in Litigation Confidential As Between Parties