Whether you decide to separate, or that decision is made for you, the issue of who owns what becomes paramount. The types of assets, when they were acquired, by whom and whether a prenuptial agreement exists can all have a bearing on how you divide property and monetary assets after a marriage breakdown.
Our lawyers have experience dealing with all manner of asset division issues and can advise you about your rights, obligations as well as the documentation you will need to submit and what financial information you are entitled to receive in light of an impending divorce. We can help you assess your entitlements, your liabilities and provide you with advice and strategy on how to proceed.
Latest Blog Posts:
- Pension Division and Spousal Waiver (Form 2) – What is it and should you sign?
- How Separation or Divorce can Impact your Taxes
- How BC courts treat an Investment Advisor’s (IA) book of business
- Family debts and separation. How having a lawyer can protect your financial interests.
- Disclosure and Non-Disclosure: A Vital Factor in Family Law